Our work requires a true desire to work with one’s hands, the ability to learn quickly, and the propensity to work independently with great attention to detail. We are currently hiring 1-2 Property Preservation Specialist to work with our restoration and preservation clients. Our preservation specialist will typically work on a wide array of services focused on rehabilitating or maintaining properties. Our work in this area is varied and rarely the same from a day to day perspective.
A Property Preservation Specialist on our crew is someone who will execute a variety of tasks which could include repair, restoration, carpentry, framing, masonry, plaster/sheetrock repair, painting, millwork, plumbing, electrical and landscaping. The work is primarily performed in the field on customer sites. While we specialize in historic property restorations we also provide kitchen and bathroom remodeling services and general maintenance services.
Most of our work will be within a 1 hour radius of Kings Mountain, NC, though occasional regional travel may be requested. We have positions available for the inexperienced as an apprentice or for the experienced craftsman. The most successful team members on our preservation team have strong critical thinking skills, strong trouble shooting skills, strong interest in problem solving and can effectively maintain a high level of customer service. The successful team member will also learn or need to know how to read a tape measure and perform various trades like plumbing, electrical, framing, etc. The positions are full time, Monday through Friday, normal business hours. Base pay is determined by experience. An apprentice typically starts at $15 per hour and as they hone their skills, show they are dependable and can deliver a quality product the earning potential gets better. You must have a valid drivers license and your own transportation either to our shop or directly to the jobsite. We don’t allow smoking in our shop, company vehicles or at client properties.
- Eager to learn and able to pick up new skills
- Hard working with a generally positive attitude
- Know when to ask questions and seek guidance from colleagues
- Ability to persevere in the face of challenges
- Great attention to detail
- Can work well with others and communicate effectively
- Share our company values of inclusion, integrity, dependability, high quality and responsibility
- Ability to meet deadlines and keep a steady, productive pace
- A focus on client satisfaction
- Clear, respectful, and confident communication
- Ability to explain and demonstrate various aspects of maintaining a historic property
- Consistent follow through with clients
- Trade professional in appearance and manner
- RRP lead-safe set up, work practices, and cleaning (training provided)
- Ability to keep accurate jobsite assessment notes and job progress record keeping
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 75 lbs for 50 feet
- Ability to work on your feet throughout the day
- Ability to climb ladders up to 30 feet in height or work from a lift
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, lumber, and materials
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks to preserve properties.
- We recommend our specialist have the following basic tools….impact drill, screw driver, hammer, tape measure, and a pencil.
Compensation and Benefits:
Pay: $16-$30/hour depending on experience
Bonuses: performance, production and project bonuses
Schedule: Monday through Friday 8:00-5:00, some flexibility permitted to allow for the demands of life outside of work. This is a full-time, year-round position.To apply, submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
“Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard and succeed on purpose..”